Hey there everyone–Big Al here!
Lately, I keep hearing more often than not “ the scale isn’t moving…” Yes, this can be very frustrating to say the least!
So I want to issue you a challenge.
Set up an account on Spark People for your computer. If you use a smart phone, My Fitness Pal is a great free app that will help you keep track of your food intake as well. You only have to use these as long as it takes you to understand that your are getting enough calories and protein and set a new habit. Since we train 3-4 days a week at an intense level, your daily protein intake should be at 80-95 grams for women and ¾ to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass for men! Lean body mass is what you should weigh at 5% body fat.
Once you have that all figured out, you can start your challenge.
Keep in mind:
Small steps are key. Start with 3 days and work your way up from there. On the 3rd day, decide about the fourth day and so on, until you feel comfortable with your habits. You have to MAKE TIME FOR THIS. Don’t say “oohh well I will try and …”
Stop making excuses and get it done!
What you can have to eat:
- Proteins: can be fresh or frozen. Fresh proteins should be lean cuts only! Fish, skinless chicken, beef and pork are good options.
- Canned tuna, etc.
- Any herbs & spices
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Vegetables: lettuce, pepper, onions, celery, etc.: the more vegetables, the better and the more variety, the better!
- All beans: black, red, chickpeas, soy beans
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, peanuts
- Fruit: fresh and dried fruits
- Iced tea (home-made! Not the store bought kind full of sugar!)
- Egg whites or EggBeaters
- Greek yogurt
- Low fat cottage cheese
- Kashi cereal and bars
- Protein powders or drinks
- 1% milk or skim milk
Food that is off limits!
- White potatoes
- White rice
- Refined sugar
- Processed foods
Food you should limit:
- Cold cuts, store roasted turkey, or roast beef
- Artificially sweetened drinks
See how many days you can go eating these foods. Come to class as many times as you can during the week. You will be rewarded according to how many days you can survive And I bet you the scale will move if you really challenge yourself. Nothing changes if nothing changes!
I want hear feedback about your success or lack of. Let’s do this together and move that scale!